A great deal of talent is lost to the world for the want of a little courage.

- Sidney Smith

Join Us!

Become an Army Cadet!

Click here for the

Cadet Application Form

Cadet Welcome Letter

Cadet Code of Conduct

What does it cost to join Army Cadets?



There are no registration fees or dues to join the Cadet Program. Upon joining, uniforms and accoutrements are provided free of charge while you are actively enrolled in 407 RCACC. Cadets and parents are encouraged to participate in and contribute to fundraising on behalf of the Local Sponsoring Committee and League, to offset costs not covered by the Department of National Defence.

To join, a youth must:

  • Have reached their 12th birthday; however, have not reached their 19th Birthday

  • Be able to legally reside in Canada through a Student Visa, Work Visa, Permanent Residency, or Canadian Citizenship.

  • Be able to supply an original piece of government-issued ID, such as a birth certificate or immigration card, as proof of identity

  • Be able to supply an original, Manitoba Health Care card or Federal Health Care Card

To enrol your son or daughter into our Corps:

Please come in and see us on our parade night, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have and to provide you with the required application forms.


  1. Fill out an Application for Membership in the Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets Form (requires parent/guardian and applicant signatures) CF 1158

  2. Fill out the Cadet Application QOCH (requires parent/guardian and applicant signatures)

  3. Bring the applicant's birth certificate and Manitoba Health Care Card (A photocopy of both will be made and kept on file for the entirety of the cadet's career).

Please find below the basic form required for the enrollment process:


CF 1158 - Application for Membership in the Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets


You can fill in this form online then print it up or print this form on your own fill it in with a pen or go to the administration office #26 downstairs in the Minto Armoury on parade night (Thursdays) and receive a recruiting package from the Administration Officer.

In addition to the forms you will need to bring the following items:


  1. Provincial or Federal Health Care Card

  2. Government Issue Identification


If you do not have either or both of these items please speak with the Administration Officer as there may be alternatives available. Please note, certain individual situations may require further documentation which will be provided by the Administration Section.